Judas was the one who betrayed Jesus to the Jewish leaders. He had a key role in the story of the arrest and eventual crucifixion of Christ. Was Judas a pawn in this event? Was it free will or predestination? What if he had made a different choice? We dive into these questions and more in this podcast.
Scripture Readings: John 13:21-30 and 17:6-19 (focus v12)
- Do you think everything happens for a reason? What situation could arise where this idea may be damaging to a person?
- How do we answer that same question from the framework of our faith?
- In the gospels, there is some suggestion that Judas was “used” in order to accomplish a greater purpose. What is your reaction to that?
- Do you think God uses people to accomplish certain purposes?
- How do we understand the relationship between free will and God’s will?
- Can you think of other stories in the Bible in which it seems that people do/don’t have free will?
- How does this help/change your perspective on your own life?
- Or in your life decisions?