We are talking about the effects of the quarantine in our lives and how relying on technology has impacted has changed ministry. This discussion also addresses how we will live into the future given these experiences. This particular podcast does not specifically address youth and young adult ministries, although it does affect these ministry areas.
We have been forced into using technology in new and exciting ways, but we miss gathering face to face. How will this change our future in ministry? While we may not have all the answers, offer some interesting questions that churches should be asking themselves.
- How have we changed our definition of “community”?
- Who have we reached while social distancing?
- How can we make the worship experience more engaging?
- How can we get more people involved in the worship experience? (beyond the pastor and musicians)
- What do we want to continue after the quarantine?
- What risks have we taken?
- What successes have we encountered?
- What improvements do we still need to make?
Ultimately, we have all been changed because of this quarantine. “Going back” is not an option for the church. We must figure out how we will lean into tomorrow taking all that we have learned with us as we serve our communities and engage others in our worship and discipleship experiences.